Kentucky’s Sixth District is home to several unique, signature industries in agriculture and many farmers who work endlessly to provide our food. Agriculture plays a vital role in the rural prosperity of Kentucky and, yet, farmers continue to face many challenges in their industry. In Congress we must continue to work to find solutions that improve the lives of those in our rural communities.
- Supports legislation to remove burdensome regulations that hurt family farmers and stifle the agricultural economy.
- Supported the 2018 Farm Bill which included numerous priorities for Kentucky farmers, including the legalization of industrial hemp.
- Introduced H.R. 4711- The Industrial Hemp Banking Act, to ensure farmers protected under the Industrial Hemp Pilot Program enacted in the 2014 Farm Bill have access to capital.
- Voted in favor of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act which enacted several benefits for farmers. Specifically, it allows businesses to immediately write off the full cost of new equipment to improve operations and enhance the skills of their workers – unleashing growth of jobs, productivity, and paychecks. This includes farm equipment and horses.
- Urged House and Senate leadership, as well as the Secretary of Homeland Security to increase the sufficient number of visas to meet the needs of H2-B employers. Additionally, supported legislation to reform the H2-A, agricultural guest worker program.
More on Agriculture
|3/14/19||Barr, Tonko Reintroduce Horseracing Integrity Act|
|2/17/17||Senators McConnell, Paul and Congressman Barr Reintroduce Bourbon Bill|
|1/13/16||Barr Votes to Stop Federal Regulation of Farm Ponds, Ditches|
|6/18/15||Barr Votes to Hold Obama Administration Accountable in Trade Negotiations|
|4/22/15||Barr Supports Bipartisan TPA Agreement|
|4/16/15||Barr Votes to Repeal the Death Tax|
|3/20/15||Barr Earns Benjamin Franklin Award|
|12/12/14||Barr Statement on Bill to Keep the Government Open|
|9/17/14||Barr Stands up for Main Street Businesses, Honored as Guardian of Small Business by NFIB|
|9/9/14||Barr Supports Bill to Reduce EPA's Burdensome Overreach|