As a senior member of the House Financial Services Committee, I know that access to high quality and competitively priced financial services and products are critical to all Kentuckians. From opening a checking account, buying a car, starting a business, or saving for retirement – Americans rely on both traditional and new financial products that make our lives easier. I have been proud to lead efforts to make it access to financial products easier for Main Street businesses and the American people.
- In the 116th Congress, I serve as the Ranking Member for the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, which is charged with oversight of all financial services matters, which includes conducting investigations, research and analysis of laws, government agencies and businesses.
- Supported the most pro-growth financial regulatory relief bill in a generation to our community financial institutions. Additionally, this legislative package included two of my bills – the Portfolio Lending and Mortgage Access Act and the Preserving Access to Manufactured Housing Act.
- Served as the Chairman of the Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade.
- Congressman Barr introduced the Promoting Access to Capital in Underserved Communities Act, to improve access to financial services to underbanked areas, including rural Kentucky.
- Lead efforts to enact into law the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act to modernize the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States and prevent malign Chinese investment enabling the control of technologies and infrastructure that are critical to American national security.
More on Financial Services
|5/22/19||Congressman Barr Offers Amendment to Ensure Military Lending Act Compliance|
|4/4/19||Congressman Barr Introduces Bipartisan Legislation to Protect Affordable Mortgages for Veteran Homeowners|
|1/28/19||Barr Named Ranking Member of Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee|
|1/2/19||Barr's Legislation Honoring the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Becomes Law|
|11/28/18||Chairman Barr Urges Fed to Keep its Commitment to Normalization|
|7/26/18||Barr Leads Efforts to Ensure National Security Interests|
|5/22/18||House Passes Pro-Growth Financial Regulatory Relief Package|
|3/14/18||Barr Statement on Senate passage of Reforms to Dodd-Frank Financial Control Law|
|3/6/18||Barr's Portfolio Lending and Mortgage Access Act Passed by the House of Representatives|
|2/26/18||Barr Applauds Latest North Korean Sanctions|