If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 6th Congressional District of Kentucky can contact me for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to better serve you, please fill out the digital Privacy Release Form below. If you prefer, you may also fill out a paper Privacy Release Form, which you can access here

Digital Privacy Release Form

You can access the digital Privacy Release Form here. Once submitted, you will receive a response from my office notifying you of receipt.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

Which Agency Do You Need Help With?

Department of Defense - Office of Inspector General

The DoD Hotline provides a confidential avenue for individuals to report allegations of wrongdoing pertaining to programs, personnel, and operations that fall under the purview of the Department of Defense, pursuant to the Inspector General Act of 1978. Anyone, including members of the public and Department of Defense employees (military members, civilian employees, and DoD contractor employees) may file a complaint with the DoD Hotline.

For more information on submitting a complaint, please visit the following websites:

For a Fraud, Waste, or Abuse Complaint, you will have the option to submit the compliant in three ways:

For additional assistance through my office, please fill out and submit my privacy release form.