Expanding access to affordable, quality health care without putting bureaucrats between patients and doctors has been one of my top priorities in Congress. I speak with constituents frequently who are struggling to afford health care in Kentucky and have been forced to purchase low quality, high cost insurance that their doctor may not even accept.
That is why I have:
- Voted numerous times to protect the American people from the consequences of the Affordable Care Act by supporting the American Health Care Act, which would deliver relief to families across Kentucky, increase choice, and lower costs.
- Supported the University of Kentucky’s application to renew its National Cancer Institution designation for the Markey Cancer Center.
- Supported the repeal of the individual mandate, which penalized Americans for not purchasing an insurance plan that was too expensive or they did not want.
- Cosponsored the Childhood Cancer STAR, which invested in pediatric cancer research and treatments.
- Supported policies that increase and transparency to reduce the costs of prescription drugs and medical treatments. I have also supported several pieces of legislation to delay and repeal the Affordable Care Act’s costly tax provisions that pass over $1 trillion in higher costs onto families and job creators.
- Supported funding every Congress for medical research through the NIH, which offer researchers a vital opportunity to perform pioneering research that will ultimately cure some of the most deadly and serious diseases impacting human health, including cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
More on Healthcare
|5/10/19||Statement from Congressman Andy Barr on HR 986 Vote|
|4/19/19||Congressman Barr Applauds HHS for Awarding HEALing Communities Study Grant to the University of Kentucky|
|1/22/18||Barr Applauds End of Schumer Shutdown|
|1/20/18||Barr Calls on Democrats to End the Schumer Shutdown|
|10/27/17||Barr Applauds White House Actions to Fight Opioid Crisis|
|9/12/17||Barr, McConnell Help Secure $2.62 Million for Substance Abuse Treatment Programs for Kentucky Women and their Children|
|5/4/17||Rep. Barr Votes for the American Health Care Act|
|5/4/17||Barr Votes to Fund Kentucky Priorities|
|3/28/17||Rep. Barr Statement on the Future of Health Care Reform|
|1/13/17||House Takes First Steps Toward Repealing Obamacare|