I have the privilege of representing Veterans across the Sixth Congressional District and I am honored to serve on the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs. In this role I am able to advocate for the needs of our veterans and play a vital role in shaping the policies that affect their lives. This includes:
- Using the advice and input from the Sixth District Veterans Coalition as a critical resource to bolster my decision making while on Committee and for votes before the full House of Representatives.
- Introducing legislation making it easier for Veterans to use their Forever GI Bill benefits.
- Advocating for Equine Assisted Therapy as a treatment for Veterans who seek care inside and outside the VA.
- Ensuring proper implementation of the VA MISSION Act to make sure our Veterans can access the care they deserve when and where they need it.
- I look forward to the opportunity to further support and develop veteran services in my role on the Committee. I remain humbled to represent the brave men and women who selflessly fought on behalf of our country to secure our freedoms.
- Should any constituent be having issues accessing VA benefits or needs casework help, please contact my office.
More on Veterans
|6/20/19||Congressman Barr’s Amendment to Increase funding for Military Training Adopted by House|
|5/22/19||Congressman Barr Offers Amendment to Ensure Military Lending Act Compliance|
|5/14/19||Congressman Barr’s Bipartisan Legislation to Increase Flexibility in Forever GI Bill Benefits Unanimously Passes House Committee|
|4/10/19||Rep. Barr Introduces Bipartisan Legislation to Increase Flexibility in Forever GI Bill Benefits|
|4/4/19||Congressman Barr Introduces Bipartisan Legislation to Protect Affordable Mortgages for Veteran Homeowners|
|1/18/19||Barr Selected Member of House Committee on Veterans' Affairs|
|12/21/18||Barr Introduces Legislation to Protect Lending to Military|
|12/13/18||Barr Holds VA Accountable to Kentucky Student Veterans|
|10/27/18||Barr Champions Designation of Kentucky's First National Monument|
|10/16/18||Barr Announces Grant to Increase Equine-Assisted Therapy in Woodford County|