Passport Applications

My office may be able to help you expedite your passport application in an emergency, report lost passports, and monitor overseas travel restrictions.

Are you eligible for mail-in renewal? 

Renew by mail if you respond "Yes" to all statements below about your most recent passport:

  • I can submit it with my application.
  • It is not damaged (other than normal wear and tear).
  • I have never reported it lost or stolen.
  • It was issued within the last 15 years.
  • It was issued when I was age 16 or older.
  • It was issued in my current name, or I can provide another document such as a marriage certificate or divorce decree that is evidence of my name change.
  • It was not limited to less than the normal 10 year period of validity because I've lost multiple passports or I've had multiple damaged passports. 

Please be sure to review the instructions on the ds82 and at the link below to ensure you are eligible for a mail in renewal.

Further instructions for mail-in renewal:

Fill out DS82 Passport Forms (
Submit most recent US Passport
Include name change docs (if applicable)
Provide a photo
Fees: Passport Fees (

  1. Passport Book $130
  2. Expedited service $60
  3. 1-2 Day Delivery $19.53 (each way, if mailing in on your own you will just need to pay for the return shipping
  4. Expedited passport book and overnight shipping one way: $208.32
  5. I recommend sending this in via UPS or Fed Ex and be sure to get tracking information for the package
  6. Checks (personal, certified, cashier's, traveler's) and money orders payable to "U.S. Department of State" and be sure to include the name and DOB of the applicant on the check or money order


Fill out and sign the Privacy Release Form, include the tracking number, and email to Include proof of travel, if possible.