WASHINGTON – Congressman Andy Barr today announced the launch of his newly re-designed congressional website, www.Barr.House.Gov. This new "Online Office" will serve as an interactive and informative resource for Congressman Barr’s constituents.
Barr took into consideration the primary concerns and needs of his constituents when developing his site. "As part of my ‘accessibility initiative,’ I have designed this site so that constituents can quickly access information about my work for Kentucky families and the services my office can provide to help them,” said Barr. “The site incorporates several features that will make it easier for constituents to find out what I have been doing around the Sixth Congressional District and in Washington, as well as announcements about upcoming events and coalition meetings.
“I am particularly excited to introduce a platform where constituents can voice their support for the legislation I have introduced by signing on as a ‘Citizen Cosponsor.’ I look forward to keeping my Citizen Cosponsors informed about the progress of legislation.”
More New Features of www.Barr.House.Gov:
- Prominent and powerful “Search” feature makes it easier for constituents to find the information they need.
- Floating menu on bottom of each page links to Congressman Barr’s full vote record.
- ENewsletter sign-up now offers constituents the ability to choose specific topics of interest.
New Traveling Office Hours Resources:
- Quick reference, clickable map at foot of every page allows constituents to see when a member of Congressman Barr’s staff will be in their area.
- “This Week’s Office Hours” tab on home page updated each week to show current week’s schedule.
Comprehensive Policy Issues Section:
- Dedicated to providing constituents easy to find information about Congressman Barr’s views on issues.
- Each issue page connects user to other resources related to that issue, including press releases and videos.
Updated Flag Request Credit Card Feature:
- Constituents ordering flags now have the option to pay for their order using a credit card.
- Orders will be processed by Pay.gov, a secure and centralized credit card processing for government agencies.
More Enjoyable Experience for Visitors:
- New photo gallery, video gallery, and Facebook plug-ins integrate other social media platforms.
- New background images feature Sixth District signature industries, including our bourbon industry, equine industry, agriculture industry, coal industry, tourism industry and more.