Expanding access to affordable, quality health care without putting bureaucrats between patients and doctors has been one of my top priorities in Congress. I speak with constituents frequently who are struggling to afford health care in Kentucky and have been forced to purchase low quality, high cost insurance that their doctor may not even accept.
That is why I have:
- Voted numerous times to protect the American people from the consequences of the Affordable Care Act by supporting the American Health Care Act, which would deliver relief to families across Kentucky, increase choice, and lower costs.
- Supported the University of Kentucky’s application to renew its National Cancer Institution designation for the Markey Cancer Center.
- Supported the repeal of the individual mandate, which penalized Americans for not purchasing an insurance plan that was too expensive or they did not want.
- Cosponsored the Childhood Cancer STAR, which invested in pediatric cancer research and treatments.
- Supported policies that increase and transparency to reduce the costs of prescription drugs and medical treatments. I have also supported several pieces of legislation to delay and repeal the Affordable Care Act’s costly tax provisions that pass over $1 trillion in higher costs onto families and job creators.
- Supported funding every Congress for medical research through the NIH, which offer researchers a vital opportunity to perform pioneering research that will ultimately cure some of the most deadly and serious diseases impacting human health, including cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
More on Healthcare
|11/30/16||Barr Votes for 21st Century Cures Act|
|1/12/16||Barr Responds to the State of the Union|
|1/6/16||Barr Votes to Repeal Obamacare, Defund Planned Parenthood|
|10/23/15||Barr Supports Obamacare Repeal Through Budget Reconciliation|
|9/18/15||Barr Votes to Defund Planned Parenthood|
|6/25/15||Congressman Barr Reacts to Supreme Court Ruling|
|6/2/15||Barr and Barrasso Introduce the Saving Lives, Saving Costs Act|
|5/19/15||Barr, Carney introduce bipartisan bill to protect consumers’ credit scores from medical debt|
|1/22/15||Congressman Barr's Statement on the State of the Union|
|1/8/15||Barr Stands Up for the American Worker|