Expanding access to affordable, quality health care without putting bureaucrats between patients and doctors has been one of my top priorities in Congress. I speak with constituents frequently who are struggling to afford health care in Kentucky and have been forced to purchase low quality, high cost insurance that their doctor may not even accept.
That is why I have:
- Voted numerous times to protect the American people from the consequences of the Affordable Care Act by supporting the American Health Care Act, which would deliver relief to families across Kentucky, increase choice, and lower costs.
- Supported the University of Kentucky’s application to renew its National Cancer Institution designation for the Markey Cancer Center.
- Supported the repeal of the individual mandate, which penalized Americans for not purchasing an insurance plan that was too expensive or they did not want.
- Cosponsored the Childhood Cancer STAR, which invested in pediatric cancer research and treatments.
- Supported policies that increase and transparency to reduce the costs of prescription drugs and medical treatments. I have also supported several pieces of legislation to delay and repeal the Affordable Care Act’s costly tax provisions that pass over $1 trillion in higher costs onto families and job creators.
- Supported funding every Congress for medical research through the NIH, which offer researchers a vital opportunity to perform pioneering research that will ultimately cure some of the most deadly and serious diseases impacting human health, including cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
More on Healthcare
|12/11/13||Barr: Don’t Let Obamacare Extinguish Volunteer Firefighters|
|12/9/13||Barr Statement on SOAR Summit|
|11/14/13||Barr Shares Melody’s Story: "We are more likely to go without coverage” because of Obamacare|
|10/16/13||Barr: Limit Debt Before Raising Debt Limit|
|10/15/13||Barr: It is important that Members of Congress do what they were elected to do|
|9/30/13||Barr Votes Again to Avert Government Shutdown, Ensure No Special Treatment|
|9/20/13||Barr Votes to Shut Down Obamacare, not the Government|