As a father of two young daughters, I recognize the importance of our nation’s education system and personally believe the most important investment we can make in our children is providing them with quality instruction and educational opportunities. To ensure that our children reach their highest potential, we must establish a system where decisions are being made by the people most directly involved in the child’s education—the teachers and the parents. Additionally, we must address the needs of our changing labor force and the high cost of education.
- Member of the Career and Technical Education Caucus
- Chairman of the American Worker Taskforce- which has been charged with addressing the labor shortages in our workforce. Much of the focus of this taskforce is on career and technical education.
- Supports funding for the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act- the primary source of funding for state and local CTE programs.
- Actively working to repeal the windfall elimination provision (WEP) and the government pension offset (GPO) which unfairly punish teachers who pay into both a pension and social security.
- Supports legislation that gives those closest to the students the freedom to decide what is best for their education.
- Works closely with the various Universities and Colleges in the Sixth District to secure grants and funding for their initiatives.
More on Education
|5/19/14||Barr Announces Military Academy Appointees|
|4/25/14||Congressman Andy Barr Announces Winner of Congressional Art Contest|
|3/18/14||Barr Announces Congressional Art Competition|
|1/28/14||Congressman Barr's Statement on the State of the Union|
|1/15/14||Federal Spending Bill Promotes Central and Eastern Kentucky Priorities|
|12/9/13||Barr Statement on SOAR Summit|
|10/1/13||Barr Votes to Protect American Veterans|
|9/30/13||Barr Votes Again to Avert Government Shutdown, Ensure No Special Treatment|
|8/15/13||Congressman Barr Announces Military Academy Day for Sixth District|
|7/31/13||Barr Votes to Protect Students|