Washington, D.C.— U.S. Congressman Andy Barr (R-KY) gave a scathing review of Democrats’ one-party rule in Washington that ushered in an economic recession and historic inflation crisis crushing middle-class families and small businesses.
Barr said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that House Republicans promise to get America “Back to the Basics” in 2023:
- Delivering economic relief to middle-class families to alleviate the impact of inflation.
- Securing our southern border to stop the surge of fentanyl trafficking.
- Funding and supporting law enforcement to reduce crime.
Under one-party Democrat rule:
- Democrat’s failed tax, borrow, and spend economic agenda caused a recession.
- Middle-class families are on track to spend nearly $6,000 because of historic inflation.
- Enough fentanyl came to the border to kill every American eight times over again. In Kentucky, over 70% of Kentucky overdoses involved fentanyl last year.
House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) established the Commitment to America creating Task Forces to tackle every issue facing America from the economy to China. Congressman Barr serves on the China Accountability Task Force headed by Foreign Affairs Committee Lead Republican Michael McCaul (R-TX).