A MESSAGE FROM CONGRESSMAN BARR
As concerns continue to rise over the March 13 declaration of a national emergency in the U.S. as a result of the coronavirus, I wanted to share some resources for public information.
The CDC recommends taking basic hygiene precautions similar to those used to prevent the spread of other diseases.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
What we know about coronavirus is that it is constantly changing. Below you will find links to the most up-to-date resources on COVID-19. I encourage you visit these sites for the best and most current information available.
As always, please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, concerns and questions with the staff in my Lexington District Office by calling (859) 219-1366 or my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-4706.
UPDATES FROM CONGRESSMAN BARR
March 29, 2020
- Barr, Yarmuth Lead Strong Bipartisan Effort to Cut Red Tape for Distilleries Producing Hand Sanitizer
March 28, 2020
March 27, 2020
March 20, 2020
March 29, 2020
- Rep. Andy Barr Interview with WLEX on the Federal Stimulus Package
- Rep. Andy Barr WKYT Interview on Federal Stimulus Package
March 23, 2020
March 19, 2020
March 18, 2020
- For general information and guidelines regarding COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control, click here.
STATE DEPARTMENT / TRAVEL
- For information on travel recommendations and restrictions, visit the State Department by clicking here.
KENTUCKY CORONAVIRUS WEBSITE
- For Kentucky Coronavirus updates, visit kycovid19.ky.gov
- For a summary of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, click here.
- For additional information on the CARES Act, click here ane here.
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANCE
- For information on SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan assistance program, click here.
- For more information on the Paycheck Protection Act, click here.
- For information on the IRS extension of payroll tax credits to eligible businesses, click here.
- Treasury Department guidance on small business loans can be found here.
- Small business information from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce can be found here.
- Paycheck Protection Program infomration from the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship can be found here.
- For information on Kentucky Unemployment Benefits, visit https://kcc.ky.gov or call 1-502-875-0442
- For information on the new federal paid leave requirements, click here.
FEDERAL TAXES, REBATE CHECKS
- For information on the IRS delay of Tax Day until July 15, click here.
- For information on individual rebate checks, click here.
- For frequently asked questions regarding individual rebates, click here.
- For veterans seeking information on VA care during this time, click here.
- For information on updated federal grant deadlines, click here.
COMPANIES LOOKING TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE
- Kentucky Emergency Management is seeking companies to sell or produce personal protective equipment (PPE). You can assist by visiting here.
- If you would like to donate, sell, or produce medical supplies and other goods for the federal government visit FEMA here.
- Find additional resources from House Republican Conference here.
- Find additional resources from the Ways & Means Committee here.
- Find additional employer-paid leave information from the Department of Labor here.