A MESSAGE FROM CONGRESSMAN BARR
As concerns continue to rise over the March 13 declaration of a national emergency in the U.S. as a result of the coronavirus , also known as COVID-19, I wanted to share some resources for public information.
The federal government has a comprehensive website for information on COVID-19, which includes the President's Coronaivirus Guidelines for America. I encourage you to visit this website frequently for the most up-to-date resources and guidance.
President Trump has extended the coronavirus guidelines for America through April 30. Those guidelines can be found here.
Additionally, the following websites are updated frequently, and contain important information for individuals and businesses:
- Kentucky-specifc information and resources on COVID-19 can be found here.
- Information on Economic Impact Payments can be found here.
- Information on the Paycheck Protection Program for small businesses can be found here.
The CDC recommends taking basic hygiene precautions similar to those used to prevent the spread of other diseases.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
As always, please do not hesitate to share your thoughts, concerns and questions with the staff in my Lexington District Office by calling (859) 219-1366 or my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-4706.